Why We Do It
Olympia Toy Run Overview
The Olympia Toy Run brings motorcyclists together for a very worthy purpose: the joy of a child receiving a gift at Christmas. All the toys and money are donated to The Salvation Army for distribution to needy kids through its Toy n’ Joy Shop. Strapped to bikes four abreast in row after row are lots and lots of brand new children’s toys. Gleaming bikes sport different names and badges and colors and their riders range from all-season diehards to weekend enthusiasts. For this day, we are one sister/brotherhood of riders thinking of the smiles our toys will bring to kids’ faces.
The roaring thrum of thousands of motorcycle engines fills the crisp December air. But this is not a day just for motorcyclists as tens of thousands of spectators line the parade route, excitedly waving, calling and whistling to the riders. Both directions of the street are closed to all but motorcyclists, yet drivers on side streets honk and wave. Though riders come from all over to participate in this event, it’s a day to be proud of Olympia, the fellowship that brings us together and the goal we accomplish. It’s thrilling, breathtaking, moving…and downright fun.
We hope you’ll join us in helping bring smiles to children’s faces at Christmas. In the meantime, we wish you safe and happy motoring!
When & Where
Saturday, December 7th, 2019
10:00 am – Gates Open, Vendors Open
11:00 am – 12:30 pm – Performers
1:00 pm – Parade to Marathon Park Begins
New Unwrapped Toy -OR- $10/single or $15/couple
Please do NOT donate stuffed animals.
South Sound Center, Sears Parking Lot
711 Sleater-Kinney Road SE, Lacey, WA
(Exit 108 on the south side of I-5)
Marathon Park, Deschutes Parkway, Olympia
- Exit South Sound Center to south taking a right onto Pacific Ave
- Continue on Pacific, merging onto State Ave
- Left onto Capitol Way
- Right onto 5th Avenue
- Left onto Deschutes Parkway
- Park as directed by Volunteers
- All motorcycle riders and street legal bikes are welcome.
- This ride benefits needy children and promotes camaraderie amongst motorcyclists in our local communities.
- Please refrain from promoting other activities, events and organizations. No raffle tickets may be sold at this event EXCEPT official Olympia Toy Run Raffle Tickets.
- Motorcycle riders must conform to state laws regarding street riding(especially in regard to licensing, motorcycles and helmets).
- New since 2010: No more throwing of candies while driving the parade.
- The kids really appreciate your participation. Thanks for your help!
To find out how your business or organization can support the Olympia Toy Run, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We gladly accept individual donations using the downloadable form below. If you have any questions or problems, please email us at email@example.com. All information will remain confidential.
Complete the information in the form (click here to download donation form) and mail your pledge to the Olympia Toy Run. Print the form, fill it in and enclose it with your check for a one-time gift or the first pledge installment to:
Olympia Toy Run
P.O. Box 7129
Olympia, WA 98507
Who Makes It Happen
To find out how your business or organization can support the Olympia Toy Run, please contact us at Julio@nwharley.com.
We are tremendously grateful for the participation and contribution from the following sponsors, volunteers and performers:
Special Thanks for Assistance from:
Artwork, Photos & Videos
Get in Touch With Us
Send us a message
Olympia Toy Run
P.O. Box 7129
Olympia WA 98507